I have to confess, I found this recipe and I have no idea where I got it! I adapted it slightly but I definitely want to give the right person the credit so if it is you, please let me know!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 bunch of kale
- a few handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup almond milk (you can obviously use whatever type of milk you want)
- 3/4 cups of onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used Kelapo Coconut oil)
- Butter (or butter substitute)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large saucepan heat oil under medium heat and saute the onions and garlic. When they being to brown, add the spinach and kale and cook until wilted.
2. Add the almond milk, 1 tablespoon of butter, nutmeg and a few dashes of S&P and continue to cook until creamy.
3. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick oil and layer the squash then the spinach-kale mixture alternately until you end up with the squash layer on top. Sprinkle the top with parmesan and cover dish with aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly. Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until browned.
I served mine with a fantastic summer pasta