A high school classmate of mine tried my mini key lime pies and said she wished there was a recipe for lemon pies. Well ask and you shall receive Kate! This recipe is a combination of a raw lemon bar recipe with the crust of the indoor s’mores that I made a few weeks ago. If you want to make it completely raw you can use the crust recipe I used in the mini key lime pies, I just love the combination of graham cracker and lemon.
- 3 cups of raw cashews (soaked in water for several hours before)
- 3/4 cup of fresh Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of Agave nectar
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of water
- Optional: raspberries for garnish
- 9 graham crackers
- 1 cup of slow cooked oats
- 6 Tbsp NuStevia (or regular sugar)
- 4 Tbsp butter (you can also use applesauce)
- 6 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350º and grease a muffin pan.*
2. In a food processor mix together the graham crackers and oats until they are finely ground. Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until a moist crumb forms. Stop once it starts to form a dough. Use a muffin pan and press the mixture into each cup just so it fills the bottom, you can make this as think or as thin as you like. Bake for about 15 minutes.
1. Add all of the ingredients in your food processor and mix adding the water slowly so it gets to the desired consistency (it should be creamy, not too runny). Pour mixture into muffin tins and freeze for a few hours or until firm.
** I would consider using aluminum muffin cups because getting them out of the muffin pan was not easy. I had to warm it in a bath of warm water in the sink and beat them out, then refreeze them so I could cut them to look nice.