Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did a lot of cooking and…I went skydiving!!! It was unbelievable, if you haven’t done it, you should definitely add it to your bucket list.
On to the food. I have been meaning to make this recipe for a while and I’m so glad I finally got around to it this weekend. I love banana bread but I wanted something a little different, so this is ‘nana bread with a twist. Original recipe from Not the Normal Teenage Fare.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup NuStevia (or regular sugar)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (can also use applesauce to make it healthier, I used half butter, half applesauce – compromise…)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe banana
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt or greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fruit juice (any flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional – I didn’t have this)
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut (toasted)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (I needed more than this)
- Optional – boys drinking beer in the background….they wouldn’t move haha
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk to combine.
3. Place NuStevia (or sugar) and butter (or alternative) in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Stir in 1/2 cup toasted coconut.
7. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut.
9. Combine powdered sugar and juice, stirring with a whisk; drizzle over warm bread (mine wasn’t working though so I nuked it in the microwave for about 15 seconds and then drizzled.) Cool bread completely on wire rack.