This is a great recipe if you are looking for a way to switch up those plain grilled veggies. It is a healthy substitute for au gratin potatoes and kids (or picky boyfriends…ahem) are likely to eat this up!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced crosswise inch thick
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced crosswise inch thick
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup greek-style yogurt or low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add zucchini, yellow squash, shallots, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini and squash are crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
Spoon mixture into a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining panko and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Bake until top is golden, 8 to 10 minutes.