I have seen several renditions of this recipe on various blogs such as Not The Normal Teenage Fare and Chocolate-Covered Katie and I originally passed it up because I thought there was no way, it was too good to be true. Out of part curiosity, part sheer boredom and an intense sweet tooth I decided, why not give it a try. Now when I tried it at first I didn’t like it but after refrigerating it overnight, it was unreal. I even had my coworker try it just to make sure my taste buds were not deceiving me. Yes friends, this is a healthy recipe for “cookie dough”.
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3+ tablespoons of PB (I added more at the end because it didn’t taste quite right)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- a dash or two of Stevia (or sugar) if desired
- Chocolate chips
1. Throw it all in a food processor and mix until smooth. Dumb in your chockie chips stir and toss it in the fridge overnight. Wake up to an unbelievably tasty treat that you can literally eat by the spoonful and not feel (that) guilty. Glorious I tell you, just glorious.
I apologize in advance for this but we had a little doggie photo shoot last night before we went to bed and since I am totally obsessed with my babies, I just had to share these with you….
Look at my Mr. Big manning his post….on my pillow! He sleeps above my head every night, it’s hilarious! That is until Lola comes and steels his spot….
Well, there are about a million more of those but I’ll spare ya. I’m off to Minnesota for the weekend! Get ready for next week, I’ve got some epics recipes comin’ up! 🙂