There is a small cafe in the loop that has this awesome porta-roma sandwich. I decided it was high-time I try to make it on my own. I put my own little twist on it by adding a basil pesto spread which the jury is still out whether I liked it or not. It was a bit over powering. I think this would be fabulous with just the goat cheese, mushrooms and a little basil leaf or spinach.
- Sliced mushrooms (a small handful for 1 serving is enough)
- Goat cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Whole wheat bun
- Optional – basil pesto spread, basil leaves, spinach, tomato
- (I didn’t end up using the lemon, just FYI)
1. Saute the mushrooms in olive oil and add about half of a teaspoon of balsamic and a pinch of rosemary for added flavor.
2. Meanwhile toast the bun. Once done smear the goat cheese on the bun, add the mushrooms and your choice of toppings (I suggest trying a few basil leaves first. If you do decide to try the basil pesto spread I would just do one side of the bread, not both)