I am loving all of the fall flavors and dishes so I decided to try a carrot ginger soup. This recipe is adapted from Joy the Baker.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4-5 cups diced carrots (I used Grimmway Farms)
- 3 cups vegetable broth (more for cooking)
- 1 cup light coconut milk (I skipped this part but I wish I hadn’t, I think it would have made it much creamier)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat broth in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes. Add ginger and sauté for another 4 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Add coriander and diced carrots. Stir to incorporate. Add the vegetable broth, reduce heat, and simmer mixture until carrots are completely softened, about 30 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Using a blender, blend soup in batches until smooth. Return soup to pot, stir in coconut milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.