I’ll be honest, I didn’t have a lot of faith in these. A majority of my desserts end up being failures for one reason or another but much to my surprise, these turned out great! Recipe adapted from The Purple Carrot.
- 1 cup whole wheat bread flour (or your choice of flour)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds (or other nut)
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots (I used Grimmway Farms)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
1. Preheat oven at 375.
2. In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and oats. Add carrots, almonds, raisins, coconut and cinnamon.