Turkey Meatloaf – Recipe from Cooking Light
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs; not pictured)
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to pan; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
3. Combine mushroom mixture, panko, and next 8 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl; stir well to combine. Shape turkey mixture into a 9 x 5–inch rectangle on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and nutmeg in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread ketchup mixture evenly over top of meat loaf; bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
———————————————————————————————————-And the winner of the NuStevia giveaway is…….
Lucky number 2, Kate at A Healthy Passion! Congrats! Email me your contact info and I’ll have it send out to you asap! (dishnutrish [at] gmail [dot] com)