Who doesn’t love pasta? It’s easy to make, hard to screw up and always a nice comfort food. The problem is it’s high carbohydrates which in excess, turn into fat if not burned off, which is likely if you have pasta for dinner. I have tried just about everything to combat this issue – tofu noodles, miracles noodles, julienned zucchini, nothing seemed to measure up. That’s why when Dreamfields contacted me to review their low carb pasta, it felt like the angles had heard my cries! Ok, that might be a bit dramatic but, hey, if the shoe fits 🙂
- Only 5 grams of (digestible) carbs per serving which lessens post-meal blood glucose rise as compared to regular pasta.
- Contains 5 grams of fiber per serving
- Contains insulin which is ideal for those with diabetes but also helps with digestive health, satiety and calcium absorption.
- Maintains the same taste and texture as traditional pasta
Dreamfields was kind enough to offer one lucky Dishin’ About Nutrition reader the same package of pasta that I received. There are four ways to enter, leave a separate comment for each entry:
- Comment below telling me which pasta dish you would try first if you won
- Tweet about this giveaway. (sample tweet: Enter @DishNutrish’s giveaway to win a huge box of low-carb @HealthyPasta! http://wp.me/p19QAn-zQ)
- Add me to your blogroll
- Blog about this giveaway
This winner will be announced on Friday (8/5/11) so get your votes in before then! Good luck!