Well they called for thunderstorms all weekend but we got nothing but sunshine! We decided to hit up the Taste of Randolph, an annual food festival where all of the restaurants on that street have booths where you can taste some of the items on their menu. I got this kabob with grilled veggies
I have been wanting to make my own hummus for a while now but was intimidated for some reason. Much to my delight, it was so simple, it was laughable! It actually tasted better than the store bought too. Not to mention how cheap it is to make! This is the perfect recipe to make if you are entertaining or just for a quick healthy snack!
- 1 can of chickpeas (or garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic
- Tahini or soy sauce
- 2-4 tablespoons of lemon juice (depending how lemony you want it)
- water (until you reach desired consistancy)
- Cayenne pepper (a pinch of two – depending how spicy you want it)
- Optional: pine nuts, parley, paprika, oil
1. Combine all in ingredients in a food processor and let it run until smooth. That’s it!
Did anyone do anything fun this weekend?
What is your favorite healthy, go-to snack?