I was looking for a small dessert that was easy to make, healthy, satisfies my sweet tooth and is already pre-portioned since I have a bit of a problem cutting myself off. I hit the jackpot when I found these “cookie dough” balls on Amanda’s blog Running With Spoons. Even better, these have protein powder which is filling and the other ingredients give you a nice boost of energy!
- ¼ cup raw, unsalted almonds (I didn’t have almonds so cashews work too)
- 3 large dates (I used prunes so I had to add a few more to make them stick together)
- 2 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips – I added more just ‘cuz 🙂
1. Throw almonds into a food processor/blender (I use the Magic Bullet short cup) and process until you reach the consistency of a medium-grain meal.
2. Add dates, and process until fully combined. This may take some patience and fiddling.
3. Add oats and protein powder, and process until fully combined.
4. Transfer dough to a small bowl, and add in chocolate chips. It will be a little crumbly at first, but work it with your hands until everything sticks together.
Dearest bloggy-freinds : Is there anything you haven’t seen on here that you would like me to try? I’m open to all suggestions (vegan or non)