Cooking tofu is very new to me and challenging because I’m not sure how I feel about the texture. I’m going into this open minded though. I decided to try Averie’s Sweet and Sour tofu from Love Veggies and Yoga. The verdict? My boyfriend’s best friend said it was the best tofu he’s ever had, and he’s hard to please. That said, I’m not sure if it is something I could eat all the time but it was good to switch things up and try something new.
- 1/2 cup of sweet jam/jelly/preserves (I used sugar-free orange, Averie used mango chutney – you can use whatever you want)
- 1/3 cup of agave nectar (or honey/syrup)
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
1. Drain tofu according to directions then cut into cubes or slabs. Set aside
2. Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl and marinate the tofu in this mixture for 15 minutes – overnight in fridge. (I only had time to marinate them for about an hour).