Corey and I love trying out new meat marinades, especially steak. So when I saw this recipe on Eat Live Run (a guest post from Laurie at Simply Scratch), I just had to try it! This would be great as is but it was an awesome twist to traditional steak tacos.
- Flank or skirt steak (about 2 lbs)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed
- Cilantro (about a handful)
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1. Place cilantro, garlic and lime juice in a food processor and pulse quickly until chopped. Toss the remaining ingredients in the processor and pulse until combined. Place contents in a large Ziploc bag.