So we had the Prez over for dinner last night. Well sort of. He was at N9ne the steakhouse that is in our apartment building. Which was really exciting and all except they almost didn’t let Corey and I into our building! We were re-routed from our usual walk home from work due to road closings and then the cops almost wouldn’t let us in! We had to show our ID’s and everything. Then we went down to the receiving room to get an awesome package (see below!) and 4 burly men dressed in suits were standing there. Why hello secret service! We were asked not to go out onto our balconies but….I couldn’t help myself. I had to share this excitement with my readers!! I probs had snipers on my the whole time but hey, what I won’t do for you guys 🙂 hehe! So here are a few snap shots I took:
Luckily the secret service OK-ed my package of Neuro Drinks that I won from the lovely Jenny over at Savour the Senses. I got this huge box of the Sonic flavor. At first, it was unusual and unexpected, I wasn’t quite sure what to think. It is only lightly carbonated so it is a very different texture than your used to. The flavor is strange to and gets some getting used to but by day two, something happened. I was suddenly addicted! Once I got over the shock of how different it was from anything else I’ve ever tried, I became totally obsessed! It has just the right amount of caffeine for me so I don’t get jittery but I get a nice boost of energy without a crash. All in all, I would give this a 9 out of 10. I will have to order some different flavors to test which one I like the best. Thank you again Jenny!!
Shortly after all of this excitement I felt my hunger pangs kicking in, so it was time to prepare the grub! We had an awesome meal and I actually got everything prepared relatively at the same time (thanks in part to a little help from the BF!), that has been the biggest struggle for me during this whole process of learning how to cook. Now I know why my mom was also so stressed during Thanksgiving! Anywho, we had a delicious meal of Honey baked chicken fingers (healthy of course; recipe coming soon), kale, asparagus wraped in prosciutto (awesome recipe I’m posting tomorrow!!), and this….
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 2 pounds butternut squash (1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon oil (Your choice of: olive, coconut, canola, safflower)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Peel and seed the butternut squash; cut into chunks. Place squash chunks in baking dish. Drizzle oil over squash chunks and stir to coat.
3. In a small bowl stir together coriander, cumin and cinnamon. Sprinkle spice mixture, salt and black pepper over squash; stir to evenly distribute seasonings.
4. Bake 35 to 45 minutes until squash is tender, stirring occasionally.
In other news:
1. It’s Friday yo! Does anyone have fun plans for the weekend, or are you just going to relax?
2. Has the Prez ever come to your town and the security measures affected you?
3. Who’s doing giveaways today? I’ll post them on here to spread the word!