This is a great recipe, with only five ingredients (not including the fish). I have really been trying to incorporate more fish into my diet lately and I definitely plan on using this as a go-to recipe. Easy to make, cheap simple ingredients and tastes fantastic.
- White fish (I used tilapia
- Butter (or coconut oil or olive oil; I used a mixture of butter and coconut oil heated in the micro)
- Whole wheat bread crumbs (Optional: I mixed some Italian seasoning into these as well to give it some extra flavor)
- Diced tomatoes
- Optional – Crumbled up salt and pepper flavored Popchips (you can also you your choice of crackers or chips)
* = or substitute
1. Start by covering the bottom of a baking dish with a thin layer of Italian bread crumbs and some Popchips*.
3. Melt butter* and lightly brush on top of the fillets.
4. Sprinkle bread crumbs and remaining Popchips over the fillets.
5. Place a few tablespoons of canned diced tomatoes on top of each crumbed fillet.
6. Top with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.