- 1 lb of ground turkey (or imitation meat if you’re a veggie)
- ½ cup diced onions (I also added some shallots)
- 1 cup diced celery
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz sliced water chestnuts-drained and coarse chopped
- 6 scallions sliced thin on the diagonal
- ¾ cup of edamame
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup tomatoes
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, cored, quartered, and peeled into individual leaves
1. Heat a large skillet or wok with a generous amount of Cooking Spray
2. Add turkey, onions, celery, and garlic powder. Cook till the onions are golden brown
3. Mix in water chestnuts, edamame, and carrots
In other news:
The lovely Andrea at Thin Thighs and Sweet Potato Fries is hosting an awesome giveaway today for Ayala’s Herbal Water. I’ve never hear of it before but it sounds yummy, and I am always looking for new beverage products to try Check out her giveaway by clicking here.
Fun pics and two yummy need-to-try recipes on Angela’s blog Oh She Glows: Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad recipe and Cookie Dough VOO! YUMMMM! Check it out here.
How crazy is that onion? It had been sprouting like that for over a week until we finally had to eat it but I have never seen that before! Have you ever bought food that started taking on a life of it’s own when you brought it home?
What’s in store for you this hump day?