The veggie that kids love to hate, brussels sprouts. While the bitter taste is certainly an acquired one, I love these little things. Brussels sprouts are high in fiber and protein and contain a generous dose of vitamin A, folacin, potassium and calcium. They are naturally low in calories and fill you up without filling you out. This is an easy recipe and makes a great healthy side dish.
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Sea salt
- Additional seasoning (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash brussels sprouts. Cut tops off and peel first layer of leaves off. Place sprouts in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix olive oil, salt and pepper with sprouts until thuroughly coated.
4. Sray a pan with non-stick cooking spray and lay brussels sprouts on pan.
5. Bake sprouts for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
6. Remove pan and transfer to serving bowl. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
Do you have any other great way to jazz up this veggie?
What is your go-to veggie side that goes with everything?
Any fun crazy plans this weekend?
In other news:
Check out BOTH of my articles published by Fitblogger today:
Follow me on Twitter if you aren’t already (@DishNutrish). I post stuff great stuff all day long like great articles, other great posts by my fellow blogettes, giveaways people are hosting, etc.
Um, IT’S FRIDAY!!