I needed something to go with my Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos the other night and I came across this recipe from Eat Better America. It was an awesome side dish and was great for leftovers. I served mine with quinoa instead of white rice to balance out the nutritional benefits of the meal. I also made some homemade guacamole (that was supposed to be eaten with veggies but as you can see somebody brought out the chips….) Sorry for the lack of pics, I was a little stressed in the kitchen and forgot to take some snap shots 😦
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) dark red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
1. In large bowl, mix salad ingredients. In small bowl, mix dressing ingredients with wire whisk until blended.
2. Pour dressing over salad; toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors.