If you are a chocoholic like me, or you are looking for a healthier dessert option for when those pesky ice-cream cravings hit, I have the solution for you. Now, don’t get me wrong, I know it sounds absolutely disgusting and I almost didn’t even try it myself. But when Corey and I took a cooking class from Amanda Skrip, a natural foods chef and wellness consultant, we could not even believe how good it was! This is literally one of the best desserts I have ever had, not just healthy desserts, I mean all desserts, that includes full-fat creamy delicious cheesecake people! You have to trust me on this one. Run, don’t walk to your kitchen and whip yourself up a batch of your very own avocado chocolate pudding!
- 2 avocados, medium sized
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1- ½ pint raspberries (optional)
1. In a food processor, blend avocados, maple syrup, agave and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add water, and blend again.
4. Optional: Serve with raspberries and cacao nibs.
It is absolutely delicious, you must try! Visit Amanada’s website for more info and recipes!! Do you have any quirky healthy dessert recipes with surprising ingredients?