I found a great side dish recipe in Women’s Health magazine that I had to share with you all! This is a super easy recipe and great with any main course. This is a great healthy substitute for a green bean casserole.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil
2. While water is heating, pour olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots. Reduce heat to medium-low and sauté until shallots are soft, about 10 minutes
3. Add Chicken broth, ¾ teaspoon of sea salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Stir well then remove from heat.
4. Add green beans to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
5. Toss beans with shallot mixture and serve.
I served mine with two other sides, squash and onion.