This is a great recipe you can you use in so many ways. I used it (here) as a side with dinner, but you can also use them as a topping on a green leafy salad, an extra ingredient in a quinoa or pasta salad, or a surprising addition to a healthy, homemade trail mix – just to name a few ideas. I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com and will definitely be using it again and again!
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (optional)
- garlic salt (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Rinse chickpeas under cold water.
2. Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them.
3. Peel skin off of chickpeas.
4. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with salt, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, if using. Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.