I know I said earlier (here) that I won’t post many dessert recipes, I’m just not a dessert kind of girl, but for some reason these looked too good to pass up. I found a recipe on HeavenlyHomemakers.com that “healthified” this dessert.
2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup rapadura or sucanat (dehydrated cane sugar juice) brown sugar
1 t. baking powder
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
¼ t. cinnamon
4 T. honey
¼ c. water
1 t. vanilla
1 stick butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt stick of butter in a pan on the stove. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add the liquids: honey, water, vanilla and melted butter.
5. Stir well until a nice ball of dough is formed.
7. Lay one piece of parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
8. Place the ball of dough on the parchment paper.
9. Lay the other piece of parchment paper on top of the ball of dough. Squish dough down a little with your fist.
10. Use the rolling pin to roll the dough between the pieces of parchment paper. Roll until the dough covers the whole cookie sheet. (you know I don’t bake when my rolling pin is a wine bottle 😉 )
13. Turn oven off, but leave crackers in the oven to get crisp.
14. Remove from oven after 30 minutes to one hour.
They were a huge hit! My puppy Lola was my biggest fan 🙂
She just couldn’t get enough!!