The lower body tends to be a woman’s most insecure part of her body. Although I encourage full body workouts, I tend to pay more attention to my butt and thighs because my lower body is where I feel most self conscious. It’s not easy making that bikini bottom look good so let’s do our best from here on out and firm that tush!
1. Elevated lunges– (Step required) Extend your right leg behind you and rest you toe on top of the step. Sit into a deep lunge until left thigh is parallel to the floor. Rise up to starting position and repeat 12-15 times for beginners and 20-25 times for advanced. Repeat on left side. Do each side 2-3 times alternating. (Hold a pair of dumbbells if you have any- I strongly recommend buying a pair of 5 lbs)
2. Couch potato – Stand facing the arm of your couch, bed or chair. Place your hands on the furniture and bend down so it is supporting your weight. Lift your right leg up so it is parallel to the ground and pulse your leg in the air for 35 seconds. Without putting your leg down, bring your heel back to your butt and kick your leg out 35 times. Still keeping your leg up bring your knee into your chest and kick back 35 times, then you can finally put your leg down and start with the other leg. (If this is easy for you do 2-3 reps or go longer for each kick. Strap on a pair of ankle weight for an even better result- I even more strongly encourage buying a pair of 3-5lb ankle weights)
3. Butt burner – Lie faceup with knees bent, feet flat on the floor and butt off the ground. Dip your hips down hovering over the ground and slowly back up again. If you have a weight place that on your pelvic bone to make this exercise harder. For an even harder exercise lift one leg straight up and dip your hips. Do this 10-15 times then lower your leg back into the beginning position. Without lowering your hips, do the same with the other leg.
4. Squats– Stand with feet shoulder width apart and place your hands behind your head keeping your chest out and your elbows back. Sit back like your sitting in a chair and bend your knees to lower your body as far as possible without losing the natural arch of your spine. Squeeze your butt and push yourself back to the starting position. Make sure to keep your chin up and back straight.
5. Leg lifts – Start on your hands and knees. Lift one leg up to the ceiling bending your knee at a 90 degree angle. Keep your foot flat so the bottom of your shoe is facing the ceiling. Bring your knee back down without touching the mat and repeat this move 40-45 times and then switch legs. Starting in the same position lift your leg to the side with your knee bent at a 90 degree angle. (This should awkwardly look like a dog peeing)